Breaking News

The Curious Mind by M!


At the age of 6, I encountered a strange boy playing with me. His name was Ashish. He was brave, intelligent and was very matured than the rest of the boys. He was playful at heart but also, spoke how he wanted to design his life after 20. We never really understood, but just listened to his words, as we thought that it would make our time pass. This was not occasional, but this was a regular hobby. While we all played at the stadium, he used to sit under the tree at the boundary and used to read books like – “How to become an Entrepreneur @20?”, “Spending Life Wisely!”



It was strange for us. But as we grew up, he couldn’t fit in the school. Not in our school, but in any other schools. Every teacher in various schools, complained that he is not fit for the class and was having more knowledge than any other regular student would have. All his acts were beyond perfection. He solved Rubix Cube at almost World record timing. He was good at sports too; he was the hardest baseball hitter. Always made homeruns at the end. So, very few teams took him, because he knew the strategic plays and always limited himself to be a player, instead of being a Captain.
 

At the age of 16 he started writing a book, and the name of it was – “The Society I tried to fit in!”. The writings were hard to understand. They were way too complex in vocabulary where most of us fancied reading Comic Books. Later they shifted to the Great Britain. It was after 10 Years, I got to see him in the news, running a company, with a group of people elder than his age, assisting him. He was interviewed by many news channels. 


“The Curious Mind! – Ashish” a book written by him when he was 20. He was an author, a Business man, a Financial Broker, an Entrepreneur, and a Lyricist. Yes, he also debuted an album at 21. And believe me, he was from a middle class family. The boy never had an encouragement when he was brought up here. There, in Great Britain he was a Prodigy.
One day, as I was working for my company, there was a lot of buzz about Ashish, visiting our company. I remained silent, as I was his best friend, but he must have forgotten. Even, if I said, I was his best friend, who would believe me? I am just a silly guy with a simple smile, just loyal to all my friends, who lost a lot of money, investing for them. I was also, thrown out of home, 5 years ago, after my parent’s lost hope in me, as I gave my friends the amount, I said, I was going to use for my Visa. All my friends were well settled at this age, but I am sitting here earning an amount of 20K which is okay for me, but for my qualification, I never deserve it! I am a Post graduate in Computer Science and also a Gold medallist in my Graduate. 
 


Why you ask me! It was the time, where people had to work for a status. I was in my family, and earned a job when I was 19. I had to continue working for my company and pursue my area of interest in the field of computers that is my Post Graduation. I never yielded full knowledge in this field, but believe me, my experience is what counted to other companies and my friend’s around me. I tried contacting my family constantly for 3 years, but they abandoned me and shifted to a place, not even notifying me. I was very sad, and I could never share this to any of my dear ones, because I had none!



All these are my deeds and I am paying the price, here sitting at the desk, looking at the programs, modifying the codes and fixing the bugs. At the end of the day, when my monitor sleeps, I go to sleep, looking at the pale face of mine in the monitor. I literally, had to work, as I need to earn a living. I come to the office the next day, knowing that, it would be the routine, with another name for the day. Waiting until Friday is our regular deed and once, it is, we prepare to enjoy, as to the world, it is the Weekend. And everyone knows that this goes on and on until either I die or change this shitty routine. 



Then came the day, where everyone was curious. Ashish, the youngest Entrepreneur, who visited the company. My boss welcomed him, with lot of fake smiles, and gave a great speech that he has been bragging one of our HR’s from a long time. The applaud was for his words, but not for him, I thought while clapping with everyone. I know, that Ashish, would not recognize me, as there are many such names that were along with mine, in the company. Then, there came the most awaited contract that has been pending since 2 years. Yes, our company had a contract with Ashish’s company, and it has not been addressed since 2 Years. I think it might be because of our company’s reputation. Don’t take me wrong, the company I am working is not a good one. It took 15 years for this company to produce Developers like my colleagues, who work very efficiently. Finally, we are here. I don’t know the share the company, might be getting, but I am sure of this! My manager and HR will start screwing us from the moment that bond starts getting a sign on the contract.

Finally, the man stood and started walking towards the microphone, his shoe sound with foot taps were clearly audible, thus was the silence in the room. 

He then began speaking


I was not a hardworking man. All I know was, this…. 
A company will grow on the pillars of the hard work and efforts put in by its employees. 
So this company is You! Purely your effort made us stand here. 
So my dear gentlemen please stand up and give a great applaud to the guys working in both of our companies. 



Everyone in the crowd were cheering for the man. 

That’s what makes him Ashish! 

He is the man who recognizes the effort of the one’s who were never applauded and we cherish him for just this little deed! 

And I am proud to be his buddy! 

He is the man, who knows how to make something work, even when it is dead. 

Enthusiasm and Attitude, is what motivates people like us! 

This made me stand up and cheer for this little act. 

Everyone laughed at me for what I did! 

I then sat silently with my face down. Immediately, I heard a voice speaking



Hey man! Excuse me! Can I know what your name is?



It is Krishna sir.



Please don’t call me sir, do I look like one to you?



You are the one, who spoke for us. I think you deserved a clap for the work you did just now!



I love your spirit man! 

Applause for an Act of cheer that was brought into him! 

So, everyone, I want enthusiastic people like him. Even I was different, like him. No one liked me for what I am! Except my parents and one man! And thank you Krishna for reminding. His name was Krishna too! He was my childhood friend. 



I was really happy with tears rolling down my eyes. The very moment he spoke about me, I wanted to give him a hug and shout loudly saying that it was me, his Childhood best friend. But I just smiled silently with tears in my eyes. And I listened while he spoke…! 



All I had was him. He was the only man, who supported and was on my side, when no one was! 

He is the best and loyal guy one can get, at such a tender age. And the prime reason, I came here signing this contract is, because of him. 

I am gonna stay here for a period of 2 months and I am much awaited to meet him. I also have known that he has been there to my home, for almost 2 years after I left regularly. 

He has been visiting the old home, trying to get my address, but he has been down. 

Now, I want to meet him. 



Sir, but where are you gonna meet him?



I will be publishing my address on the News Paper, and I will be waiting for him. 

And obviously, he will come for me!



Coming back to the topic, our company has been sharing a great vision of approach for the future, which will be a world with technological advancements. And the vision of it, as a combined dream will be much stronger and …….



As he spoke, I know that I will meet him, just the moment, he mentions that address on the paper. I guess it will be his old house. And after the meeting, there were smiles and a look around in my office. He came to my cabin and I locked the locker that had our childhood photograph together. I regularly look at it, but never put that on my desk. 

That day was one among the best days I have had in my life. I slept satisfactorily, smiling.

 

As I woke up, I went to the door looking for the Newspaper. But there was no newspaper at my door step. I went to the regular distributor of the Paper, but he said that there was no paper that day. I didn’t believe it and went to the Newspapers offices and confirmed that there was some technical issue that has been stopping the press, and I was not sure why it has been happening. I asked him, if anyone had given them the address of something to be published by the name Ashish. All I got was a BIG NO from them!



I went to the old home of Ashish and went in to look, if he was there! But no. 

It was the same old couple, smiling back at me. I was not sure and in the mean while I got a call from a colleague of mine, mentioning that it was already 9:30 and I used to pick him up regularly. I asked him to go by bus and started to the office with a sad face. 



As soon, as I stepped in, tears rolled off my eyes and there was my Parent’s standing at my Cabin. I immediately went in to hug my Dad and Mom. It was also the biggest day of my life. I asked them, they never even responded to my calls but how did they get to know that I was working in this office. My dad spoke



Old habits die hard. 

You’re still working in the same company after I have thrown you out of home. 

It was our first clue. 



I am really Sorry dad! It’s the only memory that is keeping me proud of! 

Sorry for everything I did! 

I will never ever repeat that in my life! 

But how did you come in? Usually our office doesn’t allow outsiders!



They’re here because of me! 



Came in a voice behind me! It was Ashish. He knew that I am working in this company. He knew that I am Krishna and he knew that I visited every day to his old house. To just witness my curiosity for him, he completely gave away money for all the newspapers, to publish their papers on websites for the whole day. And watched as I went into each office, asking for his Ad! He loved my curiosity to meet him, which was the same for him to meet me! And among the crowd I was the only one asking about his Friend with so much interest!

Finally, he made all my dreams come true on a Single DAY!
Everyone in the office knows that I was Krishna, 
Best friend of Ashish!
Krishna was the guy, whose Parents were proud of him, because of his friend! 
And he finally got to meet them and who is going to start a new life with his Parents and Best Buddy!

So, the Curious mind was all I can speak about! 

Whose mind is more curious than the other? Please do read the story and share your opinions on it! And also please share it with your Best Friend!

Who is your ASHISH ?

With Love,
M

No comments