Breaking News

"A Coffee for two and a Cup of Tea!" written on Request!

Love lies in the most simple things that are very commonly defined around us. I have heard about a boy who loved a girl so much that he never ever told her about his love. I know what you all must be thinking. Every one-sided love story begins and ends the same way. But it's not the thing around here in my story. It is about a boy who loved a girl so passionately! His love for her made him silent. He loved her with an ardent benevolence which could have swayed her heart right in the moment, he proposed her. But there is something called the Fate, which is always bound to it's own will. Let's see how all this has happened.

I met an old friend in a cafe, near Charminar. It was a famous monument built by the Kings of Nizam. I loved to visit the place whenever I felt lonely. I saw people with various emotions sitting in the place, thinking and talking about the area of their interest which motivated the environment in the Cafe. I had a strange encounter of a girl who was feeding the pigeons, there. I ordered an Irani Chai in the Cafe and sat there enjoying every sip of it, looking at the girl. It was a regular drama that occurred where I would go there and stare at the girl, aiming to know something about her. 
The vehemence of curiosity drew me to follow her. One day, I was unknowingly followed by someone while I was trying to follow her. It was her, I realized that I was following the other girl thinking it must be her. She then, asked me why I was trying to follow her. I then spoke 

----------------------------A Conversation that spoke for itself-------------------------------

"There was always something curious about you. Why do you come here and feed the pigeons only here. I have been wandering places in Hyderabad. There are a lot of pigeons in many other places. And most importantly you don't live here. But everyday you come here at 8:00Am sharp and feed them. Are you waiting for someone here?"

"Well, do you expect a love story with a tragic end in my life?"

"Ofcourse not! Why must a love story have a tragic end when there is so much of optimism surrounding it?"

"I'm not the kind of girl you might be thinking. I'm contended with my life and I am surrounded with everything I loved the most!"

"Well! Then can I know why you are wandering here waiting for someone?"

"Who told you that I was waiting for someone?"

"Well! Your actions convey lot more than your words."

"You don't act smart with me! I live my life and I don't act! Why should one act when they are being real?"

"Because, I know someone who loved you so much!"
Right in that moment, I saw a tear rolling from her eyes. It was the moment, I was thinking to talk about. "

"About whom are you talking?"

"The one who always surrounded you with so much of care and attention. Who cared for you so much and even after you're in love, he is the one person I have ever known to care for you so very much, It's not love what he is showing on you. For us, it is devotion. He is a devotee of you! But he never ever expressed it!"

"Are you talking about Abhi?"

"Why did you feel so?"

"Because, I've never seen him express something towards me. Right from the moment I saw him, i felt that he was the one, designed to make my life more beautiful, but I never expressed it. I never did so, because I want the same feeling of mutuality from him as well."

"Love, Pain and Happiness are the three emotions that can only be felt by the person's who feel it. But when you try to express them, they make you feel so annoyed that the words to express them are always short of vocabulary. We feel so because no emotion can be put into words which is a true one!"

"Did you know that he loved you?"

"I  never knew what he wanted to tell me. But for sure, I thought he was the right person. But there was a single moment, where I thought that he wanted to tell me something. But it was the same moment that there was someone else, who spoke his emotions right through his heart, which made me fall for the man instantly. Unfortunately that was the same moment I went to share my moment of joy with Abhi."

"Couldn't you just have listened to Abhi before he expressed something? If it was Abhi to express first, then the story of life that you're living could have had a different ending!"

"How can you say that, some random moment between two people is the right time?"

"I don't know the answer."

"But you've been asking me the same when you talked about Abhi?"

"I did so because he is my best friend."

"He was mine too" she panted angrily and continued "We are humans. There is never a right or a wrong moment. There are just instances of emotions that are made into memories. Good or Bad are decided based on a person's individual perceptions. When someone realizes that he/she has made a mistake and even if they want to retract it back.... It isn't so easy to make something right when the world has decided it to be wrong! I never said that it was him or me, it was the time that was the victim."

"I... I don't understand. Do you still love him?"

"Why would I tell you Mister. Why would I even bother to mention you about him? Why do you think that would make a fucking difference to me?"

"Did you never feel that you friend-zoned him?"

"Like I said, it was only a matter of time. And like you said, it is purely a matter of choice of words at the right time!"

"Don't you miss him?"

"Yes, I do. I fucking miss him in every moment of my life. But I have another world's calling. I have a family of my own to handle. And people to take care of. But when I do remember him, I come here and loved doing the one thing he always does... Feeding the pigeons!"

She then left the place. I smiled and then tears from Abhi's eyes as he listened to every word she spoke about him from behind the wall, of our seating.

One thing is for sure which gave me a perfect understanding of the situation.
She loved him and missed him everyday. Like she said - "But when I do remember him, I come here and loved doing the one thing he always does... Feeding the pigeons!"
She loved him everyday. Every single day she missed him and hence, she did the most loving thing, what he always did. She fed the pigeons...! In the place where they always met!
It was the place which had tons of memories created among them. 

He was her cup of tea, but she always had coffee the most.
That is why,
It's A Coffee for Two and a Cup of Tea!

We then had the sip of tea and went off with tears in my Best buddy's eyes and with his hand on my shoulder and smile on his face.

Thanks Abhilash Pillai, for giving me such an opportunity to write on such a lovely and difficult topic, which I struggled the most. Just this conversation, as I hope would give the situation plenty of unanswered questions about the topic you have given me!

Everyone's story may not have a happy ending but there is always a Great beginning, after the end.

Stay optimistic and live the life.... With the best of experiences and the shared Love!
You're a world within yourself with each chapter of your life's book as a unique page of experience in it!

With Love,

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely brilliant.
    I've no words to express how I felt while reading it. All I can say is it's a beauty.

    ReplyDelete